Wednesday, September 30, 2009
oh to letterpress
So, we recently learned how to use the letterpress printer in my typography class. It was quite confusing to start out, but it's actually a pretty simple machine once you get the hang of it :) The cool thing about this was that I wasn't sitting in front of my computer! I was hand setting wooden text, inking them, and then getting these awesome embossed pages! Our project was to create a book (out of one, 7 word sentence) that defines typography. Of course this was a class project, which kind of sucked because I am a control freak and wanted to do all the pages myself. Every group got 1 page to print, however my group was assigned the cover page, back page, and the last word in the sentence. Go figure... But anyways, not complaining because it was a great experience and I'm brainstorming other projects that I can go letterpress sometime!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is awesome... I see letterpress stationary all the time and I think it would consume all my time if I knew how to/had the means to do it.
ReplyDelete