Thursday, July 22, 2010

Change

So this is what change feels like...so completely different and abnormal, but great at the same time. I got back from Prague a few weeks ago and had the time of my life. I can't begin to describe how much I enjoyed studying abroad there. I took a fibers and surface design studio and it turned out to be super fun and basically like arts and crafts time, which is A-ok with me! I think I grew tremendously as a person while in Prague. I learned how to be more independent and how to cope with difficult issues. When I wasn't hard at work in studio (haha) I was out exploring the city and eating gelato. Prague has the best pastries of absolutely anywhere I can think of, and I probably tried them all, along with the delicious flavors of gelato (my favorites consisted of Cookies, Coffee, and Strawberry) mmmm makes me want some right now just thinking about it! I met some amazing people in Prague and I am so thankful to call them my friends! We actually all met up last night to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D and it was awesome!! I am so blessed to have such great friends and to have had such an awesome experience of a lifetime. I will never forget the fun times I had, esp. the baller playground right beside our hostel, and playing hide-and-seek at night in the park in the rain. Such great memories :)

But now I'm back home and it's just not the same. It's miserably hot in NC and I feel like I'm going to sweat a layer of skin off every time I go outside. And now I have to go to work every day and sit in a boring office instead of exploring castles and cathedrals. It's just not fair! Haha jk, I definitely need the money seeing that I spent a butt-ton of it while I was abroad. It's crazy to think that there are only 3 more weekends that I have at home, and then I'll be in the new apartment with my lovely friends, the Megans! I can't wait to start that new chapter in my life and see what God brings for the rest of it. I know that I need to put all of my trust in Him and that everything in life will work itself out. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment