Friday, January 29, 2010

Yet another fail..

Blogging is way harder than it seems! Oh well, here goes what's been happening since november (ha!) Finished up last semester in early December and then I got my gallbladder out! Nice little holiday present :) And now we have already begun a new semester and are back in business! Here are a few projects I finished last semester to look at.

Screen-printed t-shirts with Rebus's on it.



Accordion Fold book:



and here was my studio family last semester :)



So this semester is already killing me. Hopefully we will get TONS of snow tomorrow so that we can get a few snow days! That would be amazing!! My dad brought my sled to me today just in case it does snow a lot! Yay for living so close to State! Oh me and the Megan's signed for an apartment next year!!! EXCITING!!! I can't wait to have my own room and bathroom and huge closet! The apartments that we signed with even have a mini-fridge in each bedroom? So I'll probably store lots of junk food in there and get fat. great.



haha but on a good note I turned in my forms and money for studying abroad in Prague today! I just have to wait to be accepted now! If I do get accepted I would be taking a Fibers and Surface design studio this summer for 6 weeks. What an amazing opportunity to study abroad and take such an awesome swing studio dealing with weaving and sewing and creating physical things with my hands! That will be a nice break from all of my graphic design printed projects. So much stuff is on the screen that it's so relieving to physically make something. I can't wait and I'll hopefully find out in a few weeks if I'm accepted!

I've been trying to dive into God's word more and more and it's so eye opening. I can't wrap my thoughts around how peaceful I feel after I have my quiet time. Even though sometimes I feel that I am not as in-tune with God as I should be, I know that our relationship is the most important thing in my life and I'm trying to work more and more on developing it. So I am trying to be a better Christian and to listen harder for what I am supposed to do with my life. Here's an awesome verse I read last night:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

That verse fills me with so much hope! I am so thankful that I love a God who loves me in return no matter what I do! And I am also thankful for the many blessings he has put into my life and made me aware of. I can't wait for the day when I can meet him and be overwhelmed with joy and love because nobody knows what He has prepared for us when we get to heaven, but we all know it's going to be killer awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment